ANNOUNCEMENT: Oracle Communications Order and Service Management 7.3.5 Released
(Doc ID 2258842.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Order and Service Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Communications is announcing the release of Oracle Communications Order and Service Management 7.3.5.
KEY BENEFITS & FEATURES
OSM 7.3.5, released on April 7, 2017, brings benefits in the following areas:
- Significant ( ~50% ) reduction in Memory footprint of cartridges.
Allows customers to deploy more cartridges with fewer managed servers for the same throughput and keep running retiring cartridge versions until current orders have been completed. The reduction in memory use that we measured would enable customers to deploy twice as many cartridges in 7.3.5 in the same memory, or to increase order throughput.
- Reduces the operational Maintenance window during Installation and Upgrades.
Eliminates the need to redeploy cartridges after a patch/release upgrade. Once you have rebuilt and redeployed your cartridges for OSM 7.3.5, it will no longer be necessary to rebuild and redeploy your OSM cartridges when you upgrade OSM to later releases in the future. This simplifies and shortens the OSM upgrade process.
- Installer Enhancements
- You can now select whether to start the OSM application when the installation is complete. The default is to start OSM, but in upgrade situations where you want to make configuration changes in Oracle WebLogic Server before OSM starts, you can select not to start OSM after the installation and prevent any orders from processing until you manually start OSM.
- Stopping Database Sessions connecting to the Schema to be upgraded.
- The dbinstall.log file has been enhanced to include version/build number, date and time stamps, and to log actions skipped by the user.
- Reduces OSM downtime with enhanced online cartridge purge.
OSM is no longer required to be placed offline to purge cartridges. When you have cartridges that you have undeployed using fast undeploy, you can now purge those cartridges without taking OSM offline.
- Prevents Fallouts by solving Stuck Order problems.
Eliminates the need for complex workaround with Message Parking when a order is in amending, suspended, or failed state.
- Increases operational efficiencies (mobile UI – anytime, anywhere).
Allows customers to develop their own UI using OSM‘s XML API.
- Lowers the cost of operation due to common technical stack alignment across other Oracle products.
Latest Platform support to deal with fewer patches to manage: FMW 126.96.36.199, DB 188.8.131.52+, and Java 8 certified.
- Aligns to the wider Oracle CX approach
- CPQ 2016 R1 (Oracle Configure, Price, Quote Cloud) release for Asset Management and CDM Cloud for Account Management.
- Removes “Customer Asset and Account Manager (CAAM)” module in OSM.
Please refer to the OSM 7.3.5 Release Notes for more details.
OSM 7.3.5 can be downloaded from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
OSM 7.3.5 documentation can be found here
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document