"JOB-29000: Unexpected Exception Caught" Error Occurred When Save An Edited ItemMasterVO XML File Under RMS ADF Applications Customization Guide
(Doc ID 2258893.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 15, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following latest version of Oracle Retail Merchandising ADF Applications Customization Guide (<Note 2018356.1>), under "Adding Calculated Fields to Existing Screens", when trying to add a few customization on itemmastervo.xml file in ADFRmsFoundationItem.jar, as soon as the 'OK' button is pressed upon creating the new attribute, the following error occurs: "Error saving XML files - ItemMasterVO JOB-29000: Unexpected exception caught"
Steps to recreate
I. Follow the customization steps from <Note 2018356.1> under sub-chapter "Adding Calculated Fields to Existing Screens", page 45
1. Open the RMS Base Project in customization mode. Once the project is open, make sure a customization context is selected.
2. Expand the rmsviewcontroller project and expand the ADFRmsFoundationItem.jar
3. Navigate to the oracle.retail.apps.rms.foundation.item.model.itemsetup.itemmaster.view package and open the itemmastervo.xml file.
4. Create a transient attribute MRP in the VO (Expression Based: SellingUnitRetail * .5).
5. On saving the itemmastervo.xml file, the following error occurs: "Error saving XML files - ItemMasterVO JOB-29000: Unexpected exception caught"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document