"JOB-29000: Unexpected Exception Caught" Error Occurred When Save An Edited ItemMasterVO XML File Under RMS ADF Applications Customization Guide
(Doc ID 2258893.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following latest version of Oracle Retail Merchandising ADF Applications Customization Guide (Doc ID 2018356.1), under "Adding Calculated Fields to Existing Screens", when trying to add a few customization on itemmastervo.xml file in ADFRmsFoundationItem.jar, as soon as the 'OK' button is pressed upon creating the new attribute, the following error occurs: "Error saving XML files - ItemMasterVO JOB-29000: Unexpected exception caught"
Steps to recreate
I. Follow the customization steps from Doc ID 2018356.1 under sub-chapter "Adding Calculated Fields to Existing Screens", page 45
1. Open the RMS Base Project in customization mode. Once the project is open, make sure a customization context is selected.
2. Expand the rmsviewcontroller project and expand the ADFRmsFoundationItem.jar
3. Navigate to the oracle.retail.apps.rms.foundation.item.model.itemsetup.itemmaster.view package and open the itemmastervo.xml file.
4. Create a transient attribute MRP in the VO (Expression Based: SellingUnitRetail * .5).
5. On saving the itemmastervo.xml file, the following error occurs: "Error saving XML files - ItemMasterVO JOB-29000: Unexpected exception caught"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document