LookAhead Customer Counts are Double What the Customer List Shows
Last updated on JULY 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 1.12]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 2.3]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 1.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199 version, Web Workspace
When opening a transformer, the operator noticed that the LookAhead gave the wrong customer counts.
The values were twice what the Customer List for the transformer showed.
They verified this behavior on several feeders for several different switch types.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Take an existing import file for a geographic map.
2. Change the partition number to an unused value.
3. Change the location, ncg and diagram_id value to match
4. Change the name of the partition to a new name.
5. Build the map
6. Run product_update_customers.ces
7. Bring up the original map in the viewer.
8. Select a switchable device with customers downstream.
9. Bring up the Customer List for the device. Observe the number.
10. Attempt to Open the device.
11. Verify that the LookAhead numbers are double those of the Customer List.
There were several changes made to the GIS data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms