EDI 852 Sales Are Gross For Weekly Reporting And Net For Daily Reporting
Last updated on MAY 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.0.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Retail Merchandising System (RMS) has the capability to send sales to suppliers at the daily or weekly level. This is determined by the edi_sales_rpt_freq field on the SUPS table. The job that sends the sales is edidlprd.pc.
When sales are sent to suppliers via electronic data interchange (EDI) using the edidlprd.pc program, if the supplier is setup as weekly reporting, gross sales are sent. For example, if the item has had 3 sales in the week and one return, then 3 will be sent. If the supplier is set up as daily reporting, net sales are sent. For example, if the item has had 3 sales in the week and one return, then 2 will be sent.
This is inconsistent behavior. Some suppliers will be getting gross sales (from ITEM_LOC_HIST table) and others will be getting net sales (from EDI_DAILY_SALES table).
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set the edi_sales_rpt_freq flag to 'D' for one supplier and 'W' for another supplier in RMS.
- Upload a sale of 3 units and a return for 1 unit for an item for each supplier above. Ensure the supplier is the primary supplier for the item in each case.
- Query the EDI_DAILY_SALES and ITEM_LOC_HIST tables for the items. Note that the EDI_DAILY_SALES will contain 2 and ITEM_LOC_HIST will contain 3 units.
- Run the edidlprd program.
- Interrogate the output file. Notice that the sales for the daily supplier is 2 and the sales for the weekly supplier is 3.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms