Login Via LDAP After Upgrade From Version 9.0 or Earlier Fails - Instantis EnterpriseTrack
(Doc ID 2262321.1)
Last updated on JUNE 13, 2017
Applies to:Instantis EnterpriseTrack - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrade from version 9.0 or earlier, All system users are not able to access Instantis with LDAP connection.
STEPS to verify
1. URL for Instantis environment is accessed
2. LDAP Authentication credentials are entered as were working for version 9.0
3. Authentication was not successful
4. Given Instruction to change authentication mode for users to User password, and the user access, and change mode back to LDAP
-- The instruction was unclear as to where this authentication mode change would take place (Should be in a Data upload, or individually with each Resource) ---
5. System Configurator changed the DEFAULT User Authentication mode to User Password, had the system create a temporary password, and instructed user to change the password.
6. Some users followed this instruction from the system, others did not
7. System Configurator changed the DEFAULT Authentication mode to LDAP, Made configuration changes based on Oracle Development instruction
8. Resources who had changed the password as instructed are allowed into the system.
Resources who did not change the password as instructed, receive the message "Enter a valid username and password" when attempting to Access with LDAP
InstantisTrace File Verification:
USER MISTAKE TRACE:
Function ldap_authenticate did not return a value.
Upgrade from working LDAP configuration to version 15.1 or Later.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!