RMS Item Creation Sequence Is Skipping The Next Value By 1
(Doc ID 2263294.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While creating an item on Retail Merchandising System (RMS), when choosing the Oracle Retail Item Number type the auto-generated number is not next sequence of previously generated one. Sequence is skipping the next value by 1.
Steps to recreate:
- Make sure that CHECK_DIGIT_IND from SYSTEM_OPTIONS table is set to "N".
- Make sure that INCREMENT_BY value for "ITEM_SEQUENCE" sequence from DBA_SEQUENCE table is 1.
- Go to RMS Task / Items Tab, open Create Item and enter the item details such as Merchandise Hierarchy, Oracle Retail Item Number, Description ...
- Press the OK button and note the item number.
- Repeat again the Steps 3 & 4 and notice that new Item number generated is not the next sequence of the previous generated number. The next sequence of the Oracle Retail Item Number is skipping the next value by 1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document