Last updated on MAY 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Ability to Search for Connections Based on Custom Attributes
The functionality described in this document was an enhancement to MetaSolv Solution first made available in 220.127.116.119 (Patch 21945815).
This enhancement enables you to search for connections by specifying the custom attributes as search criteria in the Connection Design Search window. You can specify up to four custom attributes (name/value pairs) per search within the Connection Design Search window.
CA values are tied to individual design issues of a connection and therefore the same connection may contain different CA values belonging to the same CA name (label). The application searches only for a connection's active design issues that are in Current or Pending status.
In the Connection Design Search window, if you search for connections by specifying the custom attributes (name/value pairs) and click Search, and if subsequently the Connection Design Search Results window displays a connection, it means that one or more active design issues of the retrieved connection matched the search criteria.
In this enhancement, a new right-click option, Custom Attribute (CA), has been added in the Connection Design Search window. Selecting the Custom Attribute (CA) right-click option displays the following:
- (Optional) The Connection Spec list, which enables you to select a connection specification.
- Four Custom Attribute Name lists, which enable you to select a custom attribute from each of the lists. If you select a connection specification from the Connection Spec list, only those custom attributes that are associated with the selected connection specification are displayed in the Custom Attribute Name list.
- Four Custom Attribute Value fields, which enable you to enter the corresponding value for each custom attribute you select from the Custom Attribute Name list.
- The options:
- AND: If you select this option, the query searches for the connections that match with all the custom attribute names and their corresponding values specified in the respective Custom Attribute Name lists and Custom Attribute Value fields.
- OR: If you select this option, the query searches for the connections that match with any of the custom attribute name and its corresponding value specified in the respective Custom Attribute Name lists and Custom Attribute Value fields. You can toggle between showing and hiding the Connection Spec list, the Custom Attribute Name lists, the Custom Attribute Value fields, and the AND and OR options by selecting or unselecting the new Custom Attribute (CA) right-click option.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms