Order And Profile Incremental Indexing does not Start Up and Work After Rolling Restarts
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Service Center - Version 10.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
At the restart of the environment the search engines restart and immediately become overburdened with requests, so they do not initialize properly. After a rolling restart of the production environment, profile (and sometimes order) indexing does not start up and work.
On the Component Browser page for the component /atg/search/routing/SearchEngineService, specific engines will have the status "Partially running". When the Live Indexing auxiliary instance is started during the original rolling restart, it starts up and is working for a while and then some point during the overall environment's restart, it stops with the following error:
Rolling restart of processes used by Commerce Service Center:
- Server-01 is rolled (app1, app2 and aux1)
- Server-02 is rolled (app1, app2 and aux2)
- Server-03 is rolled (preview1, csc1 and merch1)
- Incremental indexing stops at some point while Server-03 is being rolled with the connection refused error and never restarts
- Go back and bounce aux2 again indexing is restored
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms