Layouts Belonging to Unopened Projects Display in 'Open Layout' Dialog Box When Using the P6 Professional Client
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Opening a project in P6 Professional and choosing a layout sometimes shows the project layouts from many other projects, even
though those projects are not currently opened, instead of only one project layout node.
The issue is related to importing projects and adding a new project layout.
This can be duplicated using the following steps:
- Login to P6 Professional.
- Select any .XER file containing at least one project.
- Import the project to root EPS node as 'Create new' option.
- Go to Activities view (Project will be opened upon XER import).
- Open Save Layout As dialog (Layout > Save As...).
- Save the existing layout as Project, selecting recently imported project.
- Import the same .XER project as 'Create New'.
- Repeat steps 5 - 6.
- Import another .XER project at least twice.
- Open the Open Layout dialog (Layouts > Open).
- One layout will be visible under each Project.
- Close the Open Layout dialog.
- Select Projects View and Open any one project (this will close all other projects).
- Launch the Activities Open Layout dialog box.
- All layouts belonging to closed projects will be visible.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms