Control Tool Does not Check Phases for Ground Being Placed and the Adjacent Devices
Last updated on JULY 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If you have a multi-phase switch connected to a device with a subset of those phases, it is possible to place a ground that has no common phases with the second device.
Users should not be allowed to put a ground between two devices of differing phases.
The issue can be reproduced on an OPAL with the following steps:
1. Copy ~/data/patches/done/2414.mb to ~/data/patches
2. Edit 2414.mb
3. Search for "ADD fuse_oh 1536"
4. Change the PHASES entry for that from
PHASES = 4;
PHASES = 7;
5. Save your changes
6. Build the map
Patch -diff 2414.mb
7. In Web Workspace, get authority for all zones
8. Start a viewer and search for device "F1112"
9. Bring up the Control tool for the fuse.
10. Select B phase.
11. Select Ground.
The dialog lists all three conductors, even though the downstream one has no common phases with the action.
12. Cancel the action.
13. Revert your changes in ~/data/patches/2414.mb
14. Rebuild the map.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms