ODM - MDM Sync : Error Unable To Retrieve Device Template
Last updated on MAY 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 2.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to do ODM - MDM Sync : MDM does not retrieve the device template even after the asset specification is set up correctly.
Unable to retrieve Device Template
Steps to Reproduce
Setup: Plug in D1-RETDVCTMP algorithm on D1-InitialSyncRequestDevice BO in Data transferred life cycle state.
- Go to Admin > General > Extendable Lookup > Asset specification
- Create specification by providing configuration, reference template by identifier as ‘yes’ and identifier type as serial number and identifier value as ‘12345688’(device exist with this external id)
- Specification: ZZSG_RDATA_24525865
- Configuration: SG24525865
- Provide one of the existing device type say SG_D_TYPE12111126.
- Provide the details in XAI and run (example XML is provided in attachment linked in solution).
- Once the sync id creates in pending, run batch F1-SYSRQ
- Verify that Sync Request moves into Validation Error with error as “Unable to retrieve template device”.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms