Diameter Gateway is not Processing SNR for the Existing Session Post Restart
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : ECE 22.214.171.124.0 version, Diameter Gateway (DGW)
DGW is not processing SNR for the existing session post restart of DGW. That is, after restart of DGW the SNR is not generated even though the message is present in the JMS.
DGW should process SNR for the existing session post restart
Open Weblogic and set ConsumptionPaused = true for the JMS topic ( for testing purpose, this setting is to make sure that DGW is not processing the notification )
Consider a real time scenario :
- Open Sy session with SLR (Spending-Limit-Request)
- Start the Gy session
- Breach the quota so that SNR notification is generated and pushed to JMS by ece
- Restart Diameter Gateway
- Set ConsumptionPaused = False in order to start processing the notifications
- Diameter Gateway is not generating the SNR for the notification present in JMS
- Close Sy and Gy interface
1) Additional point here is while closing Sy interface with STR (Session-Termination-Request), DGW is not recognizing the session ID even though it is present in ECE cache. So it means STR is failing post restart of the DGW.
2) This test is performed to validate HA (high availability) and DR ( disaster recovery ) of an ece system. For any reason that diameter gateway might go down, in that case, post restart it should start processing the SNR notifications in JMS queue.
3) This test could arise in a real time scenario on a mobile network wherein; while breaching the quota, SNR notification is generated by ECE and at the same time DGW does down. It is difficult to simulate this scenario in test environment, so to reproduce this issue one has to pause the consumption in weblogic JMS so that SNR will keep staying in JMS and DGW can be restarted to simulate the scenario.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms