Family Of Assembly Item Number Assignment Error On First Save Of Member
(Doc ID 2272766.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On MCAD 3.5.0 version Solid Edge Connector, when creating a new family of assembly and saving for the first time, MCAD connector by default, selects the save option for both the member and master. However the user can choose to not check-in the master. On the first save, the correct Item number is assigned to the new member (001 extension). On a second save when the master isn't checked in with the member on the first save, the member wont have an Item number assigned, and saving will increment the Item number extension. The use case where this is likely to happen is when a user creates an assembly and saves it into agile. Later the user decides the assembly needs to now be a family of assembly. They create the members and do the initial save of the new active member. At the save dialog, the master shows modified, but is not checked out by default. Both the member and master have a save option of check In by default. The user selects continue and a warning box pops up to warn that the master isn't checked out. The user selects continue. The member gets the correct Item name and the save is successful. When the user saves into Agile again, the member Item name is blank and will now get a new Item number, which is incorrect. It suggested that MCAD connector error proofs the initial save of the family of assembly member and forces the master to be checked out at the same time and doesn't allow the user to deselect or ignore the checkout and proceed with just checking in the member by itself.
The requirement is once a member is saved into Agile and assigned an Item number, the Item number should never be lost and assigned a new number.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new assembly in SE.
2. Save Assembly into Agile, using the save option of check-in.
3. Create new Family of Assembly members from the existing assembly.
4. Select a save, such as "Save Preview".
5. Select Continue.
6. When the warning box opens up to prompt that the master isn't checked out, leave the default operation as "Ignore" and select continue.
7. An additional warning box will open saying 1 modified file is not selected for saving. Select "Yes".
8. Member will get correct Design number assigned.
9. Perform an additional save (Save Preview).
10. Notice that there is no Design number assigned to the member, even though one was just created in step 8.
Also, when the Design number is changing, the Item number also changes. Basically MCAD connector need to error proof the process of saving a alternate assembly into Agile and if Design and Items are assigned, they should never be allowed to be changed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document