Error: "Failed Saving Users Data" When Attempting to Copy Preferences From an Existing User to a New User in P6 Web Using LDAP
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 15.1 to 16.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to import user(s) from LDAP then either (1) copy preferences from another user, or (2) copy and paste user preferences to a new user, or (3) create a new user from an existing using native authentication the following error occurs.
Failed saving user's data
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Go to User Access and click add
- Search for a user in your LDAP store
- After the search completes, select the user from LDAP and click the Copy Preferences option
- Select a user to copy preferences from and OK.
- Click Import from the Add Users from LDAP window.
- The user shows in the list and save is active
- Click Save and the error occurs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms