ASCP Plan Creating Supply For Demand. Then Demand Disappears Causing Action = Cancel For Supplies
(Doc ID 2274235.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a VCP 22.214.171.124.1 instance (Centralized) Constrained Plan in PROD:
This is a Project/Task environment. Users are on 12.1.3 and have applied VCP 126.96.36.199.1 Patch 17350769. When running an EDD constrained plan (Manufacturing Plan), users are seeing multiple unexpected Internal Requisitions (IR's), Purchase Requisitions (PR's) and Purchase Orders (PO's) for multiple projects getting created from planned orders to satisfy demand. Then the demand seems to disappear for these associated projects and these supplies then get cancel messages in the ASCP workbench. Now, the user has to clear all of the excess IR's, PR's and PO's in the ASCP workbench. This has caused lot of rework and delay in processing the demand.
Expect the plan not to generate new supplies for demand, then demand to disappear and cause supplies to be canceled.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Run Load/Copy/Merge MDS for the organization in question on a nightly basis only
2. Run multiple data collections and plan runs on a daily basis (5 per day)
3. During the day users are seeing supply generated for demands they thought had already shipped
4. Users implement the supplies needed for same
5. Step 1 is run again at night and then step 2
6. Demand now disappears and supplies get cancel messages
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document