Questions on imexpire on multiple individual users at the same time
(Doc ID 2275934.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Messaging Server - Version 8.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Can imexpire be run on multiple individual users at the same time? Could we create one .exp file with separate rule for each user?
2. Would that have the same effect as if -u supported a list of users?
3. If we run with an individual file per user (example above) is that the same as if we did -u ? Or will it be doing more work scanning the folder list looking for user//* ?
4. If we add -r 10 (for example) to a run of a .exp file for an individual user, will it run multiple threads on that one user?
5. How would you expect imexpire (with multiple users, who all have multiple folders, looking to delete based on message-id)
to compare to doing similar with IMAP using ESEARCH and multi-folder search, with ISS ?
In other words, instead of trying to accomplish retraction of phish, or email accidentally sent to the wrong recipient list, using imexpire,
how about a multi-threaded IMAP client that makes multiple connections thru the MMP doing a single multi-folder search for each user?
6. Will multi-folder search go to ISS with imap.indexer.bodytextonly=1?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document