Last updated on JUNE 23, 2017
Applies to:Primavera Analytics - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If using an ETL home folder for a datasouce which does not match staretl# (where # matches the datasource ID), execution of the star configuration wizard (configStar or the web based configuration wizard) will recreate a new folder to match staretl# (where # matches the datasource ID) causing a mismatch between what the star Configuration thinks it is reading/writing to/from vs. what it is actually using, and mismatches where the ETL home property files are set to.
If using a custom folder, the configStar and web configuration utility should read/write to the custom folder rather than a folder called staretl# (where # matches the datasource ID)
This issue can be reproduced using the following steps:
- Run the configStar tool to create a new ETL home for P6 (staretl1 for datasource 1)
- Once the configStar process is completed, update etl_homes/staretl1 to etl_homes/staretl
- Rerun configStar and note that on step 4 it does reflect the proper name change
- Select data source 1 and edit
- Complete through the steps, but on step #2 or step #3, add a new code
- Complete the configuration wizard; once configStar is closed, note that a new folder gets created (staretl1) with the updated properties instead of using staretl.
Note, this occurs under any circumstance for staretl# (where # matches the datasource ID) but the ETL home folder does not match the data source ID #.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms