SNR Is Generated During Bill Run For Recurring Bundles Post ECE 11.3 PS1
(Doc ID 2277555.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Diameter Gateway
During the renewal of monthly bundle there is a SNR (Subscribe Notification Request) getting generated.
No SNR should be generated.
Scenario is to test the renewal of monthly bundle as part of usage.
- Customer is added with monthly package which grants 1 GB of allowance (created date 11-Nov-2016)
- Billing is not run
- Move the PVT and ECE virtual time to 02-Dec-2016
- Pass the seagull request. Below is the list of messages passed to DGW
o CCR-U (with rating group and empty RSU)
o CCR-U (with 1 MB USU)
o CCR-T (with 1 MB USU)
- As per the design, there is a charge offer which grants 1 GB and also initialize the speed counter (speed after throttling). To report this speed counter to OCPM, provisioning tag is associated to charge offer and corresponding offer profile is created. This charge offer also grants the policy counter (value of -2 is granted) -2 = InAllowance; -1 = OutOfAllowance; 0 = InAllowance.
- There is a discount offer created to modify the policy counter. If the allowance becomes zero then discount will change the counter from -2 to -1 so it becomes OutOfAllowance. Different provisioning tag is associated (corresponding offer profile is created) to discount offer in order to send the SNR. So if there is a change of counter due to this discount it should trigger SNR
- Now during the renewal of monthly bundle which is triggered by billing request through BRM gateway as part of update request is internally triggering SNR with the policy status as InAllowance. Since there is no impact by discount to the counter not sure why there is an additional SNR.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document