Transfer Reserved Quantity is Not Reduced When Store Reassignments Are Performed Prior to Shipping
Last updated on JULY 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Store reassignment does not release the reserve qty and create new transfer in RMS.
Steps to re-create:
1. Create two transfers in RMS from wh1 to store1 and store2.
2. Approve both the transfer and check the inventory buckets from item_loc_soh for wh1, store1 and store2.
3. In RWMS, wave the product to create a pick for transfer1 (wh1 -> store1).
4. Before shipping reassign the transfer1 to store2. RWMS pulls the transfer2 and SR with negative value is sent for transfer1 and SR with positive value is sent for transfer2. So the distro_qty of transfer1 is now 0 and distro_qty of transfer2 is populated. Both transfers are "In progress" now.
5. RWMS ships the transfer2, notice that the inventory buckets for transfer2 (wh1 - > store2) is updated accordingly but for transfer1 (wh1 -> store1) TSF_RESERVED_QTY and TSF_EXPECTED_QTY are not decremented in item_loc_soh.
1. Create a transfer in RMS from wh1 to store1.
2. Approve the transfer and check the inventory buckets from item_loc_soh for wh1and store1.
3. In RWMS, wave the product to create a pick for transfer (wh1 -> store1).
4. Before shipping reassign the transfer1 to store2 RWMS sends an 'SR' SO status to negate the distro_qty on the transfer1. In RWMS it generates an internal virtual Stock Order number for the new store2 (at this point no stock order for store2 exists in RMS).
5. RWMS ships now against the new virtual stock order. This is treated as a new transfer in RMS and is created from wh1 to store2 in shipped status. The stock_on_hand is decremented for wh1 and the in transit for store2 are also updated accordingly, but for transfer1 (wh1 -> store1) TSF_RESERVED_QTY and TSF_EXPECTED_QTY are not decremented in item_loc_soh.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms