Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating and approving an Item in RMS with one Supplier/Country, then trying to add a new Country for the same Item/Supplier using Item Induction.
Item Induction returns error for Cost when loading to RMS, but Country is still added to the Item.
1. Create and Approve an Item in RMS, with one Supplier and one Country for that Supplier.
2. Generate an Item Induction Spreadsheet that contains two Item/Supp/Country records:
- One for the existing one, changing the Primary Country to N, but by mistake the Unit Cost does not match to the Cost in the System
- A second one to add a new Country for the Item Supplier, being that one the new Primary Country
3. Load the spreadsheet to Staging Tables
4. After success, load it to the RMS Tables.
5. Process returns an error, indicating that the Unit Cost cannot be changed of an Approved Item
6. Check the Item. The new country was added to the Item, but the existing one did not change the Primary Country indicator to N, making two Primary Countries for the same Item/Supplier. RMS states that you can only have one Primary Country for a Item/Supplier.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms