Rerating Creates Additional Sub Balance With Incorrect Validity Date
(Doc ID 2285874.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Rerating/Rebilling
The user performs a rate plan change. After rerating, the user observes an additional sub-balance created for the non-currency resource with incorrect validity dates.
Consider below scenario:
Bill cycle is from Apr 23 to May 23,2017
1) Subscription account has a Business Value Ultimate 60 Plan. This Plan has non- currency aggregation counter (resource ID : 1002502) grants -15 every month
2) Subscriber will be charged toll minutes up to $15, after that toll charges should be 100% discounted. Plan contains Business Value CA Toll charge discount to update the counter and provides the discount after it reaches 0
3) On 24th April 2017, processed a voice toll usage worth of $4 and the same amount is consumed from Aggregation counter, leaving balance to -11
4) On 27th April 2017, performed a rate plan change from Business Value Ultimate 60 to Business Value talk & Text 35. New plan, Business Value talk & Text 35 also comes with -15 Aggregation counter 1002502.
5) New sub-balance was created for resource ID: 1002502 with -13 (prorated), valid from Apr 27 to May 23
6) Old Sub-balance was set with end date Apr 27
7) As per proration, customer is eligible for -2 for period from Apr 23 to Apr 27 and -13 for the period of Apr 27 to May 23rd
8) Performed rerating.
9) After rerating, old sub-balance (Apr 23 to Apr 27) balance was changed to -2, which is expected to be 0
10) New sub-balance (Apr 27 - May 23rd) remains same i.e -13, which is correct
11) An additional sub-balance, valid from Apr 23 to May 23, was created with balance 2.
Additional sub balance for resource ID : 1002502, valid from Apr 23 to May 23rd with balance 2 should not have been created .
Also the old sub-balance (Apr 23 to Apr 27) should be updated to 0
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document