Unable to Create Store to Warehouse Shipments for Unavailable/non-sellable Quantities of an Item
(Doc ID 2285978.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM) application, find that, during container creation for a transfer shipment, while using unavailable inventory, the application throws "The quantity can not be greater than the unavailable Quantity" error, though the unavailable quantity is available.
Steps to recreate:
1. Ensure that SIM version is 126.96.36.199 build 13 = Mar 07 2017
2. Find an item for which the SIM database table column STORE_ITEM_STOCK.QUANTITY_NONSELLABLE is greater than zero
3. Create a store to Warehouse transfer for this item to it's corresponding warehouse
4. Select Unavailable in "Transfer Create" dialog and enter the quantity (or less) as shown in Step 2 above
5. Approve the transfer and note down the authorization number and document number
6. Create a transfer shipment
7. Create a container and select "Document" from container create screen
8. Select "Unavailable" as inventory type and "Unavailable" as the reason
9. Select the document and the item and click on "Apply Item and Quantity" and note the error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document