RDF: Increment In Floating Forecast has Slow Performance Even when No Events are Configured
Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting - Version 14.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting (RDF) application, the floating forecast is slow. This occurs even when no floating events are configured. The long increment time is found in one calculation:
Steps to reproduce:
1. PreGenerateForecast -InputFile ../rdf_pre_generate_baseline_forecast.xml -loglevel all
2. PreGenerateForecast -InputFile ../rdf_pre_generate_causal_forecast.xml -loglevel all
3. PreGenerateForecast -InputFile ../rdf_pre_generate_floating_forecast.xml -loglevel all
4. generate -InputFile rdf_generate_baseline_forecast.xml -loglevel all
5. generate -InputFile rdf_generate_floating_forecast.xml -loglevel all
Notice that the floating forecast generation takes a long time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms