Importing Item Using Autonumber Returns Error or Overwrites Existing Item
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When importing item with Autonumber, in case the item number matches with the one manually numbered through Web Client, below problem happens:
If the manually created item in Web Client is status:preliminary,
import overwrites manually created item
If the manually created item in Web Client is status:released,
import return following error.
The item 'P006' requires the it be placed onto a change because it is in a released or pending status, but you did not provide a change for import. This item/BOM/AML and attachment(s) will be rejected.
- Define Autonumber
- Define Subclass
- Create Part Item: P001,P002 for Subclass through Web Client
- Set Autonumber to Subclass
- Create Part Item :P003 (Autonumber created) for Subclass through Web Client
- Created Part Item:P004 (Manual created)
- Import Item
->Item:P004 is overwritten by this import
- Created Part Item:P006 (Manual created)
- Release Part Item:P006 (Manual created)
- Import Item
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms