Payment Event Summary – Unable to do Payment Transfers due to Payment Zone Performance Issues
(Doc ID 2288500.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, PY - Payment
Facing performance issues with the Payment Event Summary Portal that is used by the Business users to create Payment Transfers. This has a severe impact on Business Operations as Cash users are unable to re-allocate payments. The root cause seems to be the query behind the zone that ends up in a Full Scan on CI_FT table.
- The Payment Zone on the Payment Event Summary Portal is unable to retrieve the Payments associated with the Payment Event due to Performance issues.
- Since this zone used by Business Users to create a Payment Transfer Request and reallocate Payments across on-account / invoices, this has a direct impact Business operations. The Business users are unable to support Payment Transfers using Payment Request. As a workaround, they have to leverage Base Payment Screen to create Transfers, which errors out due to timeout since the Invoices and Payment Segments exceed 500-600 Transactions on an average. Hence, this is critical for Business operations and need to be fixed asap.
- As per Business user feedback, this zone takes about 2-3 minutes to retrieve the Payments and in a most of cases the screen hangs without returning any results.
This issue might get escalated quickly as this impacts Cash allocation to invoices and in turn impacts Customer Overdue Processes.
• Main Menu-> Financial-> Payment Event Summary
• Search for a Payment Event
• Click Broadcast to see the underlying Payments associated with the Payment Event
• Business user has to wait over 2-3 minutes to get the details
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document