ALM LRR Time Bucket Will Not Save After Edit
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management - Version 8.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management (ALM)
On ALM 8.0.4 there appear to be issues with updating Time Buckets after applying <Patch 25769322> - UPGRADE TO 2.3.32.
It appears that the Liquidity Buckets rows in the Time Bucket are deleted after editing. This causes issues as the Time Bucket can no longer be updated after saving. The Time Bucket will not complete loading and will spin with hourglass.
Expect that edit of Time Buckets does not delete Liquidity Rate Risk (LRR) bucket definitions.
The good part is that if the process is executed with the Liquidity Buckets added manually in the Database the Liquidity financial elements (FEs) are generated. If Patch 25769322 - UPGRADE TO 2.3.32 is rolled back the issue no longer occurs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. You have 2 Time Bucket Definitions, each of them contain values for Income Simulation Buckets, Liquidity Risk Buckets and Interest Rate Risk Buckets.
2. One of them was already active before applying the patch.
3. You want to change the active time bucket definition. You open it in edit mode, mark it as active and save it.
4. You run the process on it this Time Bucket Definition and you notice that you do not have any Liquidity FEs populated anymore.
5. You want to change again the active time bucket definition. You open the other one in edit mode and mark it as active and save it.
6. You run the process again (or any other process) and the problem persists: the Liquidity FEs are not appearing.
7. Now you want to check the Time Buckets. You try to open them in edit mode (both of them) and you cannot open them anymore. The hourglass never stops when trying to load the page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms