Syncing ECE Configuration Files to Other Nodes Fails When Remote SSH Has a Welcome Banner
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : ECE 18.104.22.168.0 version, Controller/operations layer
Syncing ECE configuration files to other nodes fails when remote SSH has a welcome banner
- In ECC tool, one of activities is to send configuration files from ECE Driver Machine to other ECE machines (servers) using linux tool "scp".
- This operation always returns an error as seen below, whenever SSH server on the other nodes has a welcome banner:
Additional details :
- Due to this behavior, ECC takes stderr from scp operation and if stderr.length is > 0, it assumes that an error occurred.
- Nevertheless, the configuration files are being copied successfully. But it can lead to false interpretation of the returned message.
- There are different workarounds (like disabling ssh banner, globally or selectively per host, using Match directive in sshd_conf) but none of them is really appealing.
Steps to reproduce :
- From driver machine in a multi-node ece system launch ecc
- execute 'sync' command to update configuration of other nodes
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms