Multiple Item Tickets Displayed in Multiple Windows When 'Browser' is Selected as a Printer
(Doc ID 2291259.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using a browser as printer in Store Inventory Management (SIM) for BIP reports, multiple item tickets are displayed in multiple windows.
In SIM when printing multiple elements/tickets to a physical Post Script printer only one print ID is assigned and only one continuous document is produced. However, when 'Browser' is selected as a destination each individual item is assigned a separate Print ID, which prevents the user from printing/viewing the entire document Instead BIP display's each ticket in a separate tab or window (depending on the browser setup). It should be displayed in one window.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go To Print> Item Ticket Batch > Create Batch.
2. Select Manual.
3. Add several tickets (2-3 items) to batch with qty of 1.
4. Select Print > choose Local (Post Script) Printer.
5. Print job is successfully submitted to the printer and all tickets print on one page.
6. Now repeat the above steps but select ‘Browser’ as the printer in step 4. Observe the tickets are displayed in multiple windows.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document