Diameter Gateway Receives Incorrect Result Code In CCA At Root Level
(Doc ID 2291434.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communication Elastic Charging Engine(ECE), 188.8.131.52.0 version
Consider a scenario where the ECE Diameter mediation is configured with the rating group 99. Here the data sessions with rating group 99 is getting rated successfully. However, the issue is observed when an incorrect Rating Group, which is not configured in ECE, is sent. Here it handles the flow as below,
- Sy Session started with Spending Limit Request(SLR).
- Gy CCR-I without Multiple-Services-Credit-Control(MSCC) block.
- Gy CCR-U with rating group 99. This is configured in ECE, so active session is created and Result-Code is Success.
- Gy CCR-U with rating group 236. This is not configured in ECE, so there is a failure. The CCA is responded with result code 'DIAMETER_UNABLE_TO_COMPLY (5012)'. However, this result code is sent at the root level instead of MSCC level.
- In this case, EPG assumes that DGW could be comply with the entire session and no more Diameter messages are sent from EPG. But there is an active session in ECE with Rating Group 99. However, this session is not closed and hanging.
This will help to continue the session for the Rating Group 99 and reject only the unknown Rating Groups.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document