System Account Used For Assembler \ Oracle Commerce, Does Not Have Access To Generational Zip Files Created By Workbench
(Doc ID 2292958.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Guided Search / Oracle Commerce Experience Manager - Version 11.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Experiencing a permissions issue between ATG and Endeca which is preventing Experience Manager Preview from working, as well as anything that is relies on the generational zip files.
The path given in,
Is using a shared NFS mount which is mounted to both the Oracle Commerce and Endeca servers. Endeca\Workbench writes out generational zip files to this storage when Administrators make updates within Experience Managers. The files created in DefaultFileStoreFactory.configurationPath receive the following security
-- WORKBENCH OWNER = Read+Write (rw-)
-- OWNER GROUP = Write (r--)
-- WORLD = No Access (---)
If the Oracle Commerce user is -not- apart of the OWNER GROUP, then Assembler \ Oracle Commerce will not have assess to the generational files created in DefaultFileStoreFactory.configurationPath
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Bring up /atg/endeca/assembler/cartridge/manager/DefaultFileStoreFactory/ in Dynamo Admin on the ATG instance
2) Note the value for configurationPath
3) Bring up the configurationPath directory on the Oracle Commerce system
4) Login into Workbench -> Experience Manager, and click on Preview Settings
5) Make a change to 'Default Link Service URL' and save your changes
6) Query the directory noted by the configurationPath to see newly created generational files
7) Query to see the access rights on the directory
NOTE: Access on the newly created generational files is -rw-r-----
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document