Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management - Version 8.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management (ALM)
Interest Rate Code (IRC)
On ALM 8.0.2 when defining "Forecast Rates Scenarios" encountered the following error:
"java.sql.BatchUpdateException: error occurred during batching: ORA-00001: unique constraint (PK_FSI_FCAST_IRCS_ violated").
This happens when trying to use "Apply defined Method to all IRCs" but some of the IRCs were defined as "Display for all currencies".
Define Forecast Rates methods for each IRC by skipping the curves which have "Display for All Currencies" option and were defined under another currencies.
So, "Apply defined Method to all IRCs" functionality cannot be used in this case.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define one IRC on USD: 'USD IRC 1'
Check "Display for All Currencies" option.
2. Define one IRC on EUR: 'EUR IRC 1'
3. Create a Forecast Rates Scenarios assumption
- in the Currency Codes section choose USD
- select 'USD IRC 1' and Apply 'Flat' method then click "Apply defined Method to all IRCs"
- then, in the Currency Codes section choose EUR
- select 'EUR IRC 1' and Apply 'Flat' method then click "Apply defined Method to all IRCs"
Receive the error mentioned above because 'USD IRC 1' has already been defined in the previous step but 'USD IRC 1' also appears under 'EUR' since "Display for All Currencies" option was checked.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms