Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR #1
Using SiteMinder for Single Sign On, when clicking the "next" or "previous" links in the 'My Projects' or 'My Communications' portlet of P6 to load a second page of projects, SiteMinder can block the page due to the BadCssChars policy enabled in SiteMinder.
- Issue is with the pageStart parameter including encoding for < or > or ' or ( or )
- In the SiteMinder web agent logs (watrace.log), the following error is triggered: URL contains BadCssChars. Exiting with HTTP 500 server error '00-0002'.
- SiteMinder Reference:
ACTUAL BEHAVIOR #2
The P6 EPPM internal CSS engine may also block a page load with error ""An invalid value was detected for 'pageStart'. Click the browser's back button to return to the previous page" when clicking either Next or Previous if the project name (on the existing page when clicking previous, or the new page when clicking next) contains an apostrophe in name with the
The pageStart parameter is using the project name, which can include characters that may be blocked by SiteMinder security policies. The parameter should be adjusted to prevent failure when the name may contain < or > or ' or ( or ) characters.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Configure P6 for SSO using SiteMinder.
- Configure a project name with ( or ) characters.
- Enable the dashboard to load a list of projects, which would allow the next options in my projects or communication portlet.
- Select next to load the next page (or previous to load a previous page).
- Note the issue which occurs if the pageStart parameter includes a project name with the encoding for characters blocked by the BadCssChars ACL.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms