Error 'Unable to resolve privileged username and password. Problem occurred during decryption, unable to decrypt' When Attempting to Configure the P6 EPPM Database Connection
(Doc ID 2293786.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2023
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 17.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running the dbconfigpv.cmd (.sh) P6 EPPM Database Configuration utility, the following error occurs after clicking Next to advance past the Database Connection screen:
Error: Unable to resolve privileged username and password.
Problem occurred during decryption, unable to decrypt.
Please verify the information you entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Launch the database configuration utility (dbconfigpv.cmd).
- Select database type and click Next.
- Enter the database connection details and click Next.
- Observe the reported error.
- Launch EPPM Configuration Wizard (eppmconfig.cmd).
- On the Database Configuration screen, enter the database connection details.
- Continue through the remaining configuration screens.
- Observe the reported error during the final Configuration Process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document