Balance Impacts Incorrectly Affecting Multiple Resources in Pipeline when Discounting and Rounding are Involved
(Doc ID 2294085.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), a problem can occur when using Pipeline Manager for the rating of Event Data Records (EDRs) where using the Discounting and Rounding modules causes the Balance Impact to consume the smallest charge resolution (after rounding) to be consumed from an additional resource type.
- Create a package with free units.
- Configure discounting to deduct the price of each call by 7.5%
- Have balance impacts consume free resources from the aforementioned package before rolling over to a different resource if there are insufficient free units.
- Charge for a call which can be completely covered by the free units.
- Observe a charge from the second resource for the smallest chargeable balance resolution.
As a result of this issue, accounts are being incorrectly charged from multiple resources.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document