Why Do Some Cache Configuration Changes Made Within An Item Descriptor Fail To Take Effect?
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Platform - Version 11.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Within an XML file, (e.g., orderrepository.xml) modify certain repository items to have caching. For example, you might experience the issue after modifying the order item descriptor to be the following:
2) Apply the change to the environment as appropriate.
3) Reproduce the behavior that would cause caching to occur for the modified item-descriptor.
4) Within /dyn/admin, open the Repository's service page for the Repository that contains the item-descriptor change.
5) Notice that the caching statistics table for the modified item-descriptor has values that do not match the definition.
Reported behaviors include that it happens with some item descriptors, but not all.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms