Oracle WebLogic Node Manager Does Not Start When Starting P6 EPPM or the Node Manager Windows Service
(Doc ID 2295152.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to start the Node Manager service, the following error occurs in the Windows Event Viewer:
The description for Event ID 11 from source wlsvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
OracleWebLogic NodeManager (C_Oracle_MIDDLE~1_ORACLE~1_wlserver)
The message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- NodeManager service:
- Open the Windows Services tool (services.msc).
- Attempt to start the Node Manager service.
- The Node Manager service fails to start.
- Open the Event Viewer and observe the reported error.
- Starting P6 EPPM:
- Run the <P6 EPPM home>\scripts\start_Primvera.bat script.
- Note the reported error in the Command Prompt window for the start process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!