Node Manager And/Or WebLogic Managed Server Hangs During Startup On A Linux Server
(Doc ID 2295320.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Attempting to start a managed server within a WebLogic domain (using the startManagedWebLogic.sh or through WLST)
- There is a delay in time for the managed server to successfully startup OR the managed server never ends up starting.
- Attempting to start the Node Manager through startNodeManager.sh
- There is a delay in time for the Node Manager to to start and appears to hang on the "Loading Domains File" line for in indefinite amount of time.
For the WebLogic Node Manager or WebLogic Managed Servers to startup more quickly when running on a Linux / UNIX operating system.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- For the Node Manager
- Attempting to start the Node Manager by calling startNodeManager.sh
- For a WebLogic Managed Server:
- Startup by calling the start_primavera.sh (and seeing a delay when connecting to the node manager or starting a managed server)
- Starting a Managed Server through the WebLogic Administration Console:
- Log into the Weblogic admin console.
- Expand Environment, Servers and click the control tab
- Check the box next to the P6 managed server.
- Click start and monitor the startup status.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document