Display Issue with Multi-value Custom Attributes - "Display Length for CA cannot exceed the CA maximum length of XX."
Last updated on AUGUST 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Launch tbs_util.exe
- Click on Options==>Custom Attributes==>Create or Edit
- Click New
- Value Data Type: Alphanumeric
- Value Type: Multi-Valued
- CA Category: Data Network
- Value Label: Test CA
- Max Length: 8
- CA Description: Test CA
- Associate new CA
- Click on Options==>Custom Attributes==>Associate
- Set Building Block Type to Connection
- Double Click on Virtual Connection
- Click on Assoc CAs button
- Retrieve new CA "Test CA" and click OK
- Process Point and Layout
- Click on Layout
- Set Process Point to "New Connection Design"
- Set Action to "Render for Entry"
- Check the checkbox for new CA
- Set Label Placement to "Top"
- Set Entry Type to "Dependent - Optional when displayed"
- set Display Ln Nbr 200
- set Display Col Nbr 1
- set Display Length 20
Receive reported error:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms