Duplicate Inserts in DAILY_DATA_BACKPOST While SALDLY is Run with Multiple Threads
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 14.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run SALDLY batch, the program inserts duplicate entries in DAILY_DATA_BACKPOST when an open stock count exists in closed month and late transactions present in IF_TRAN_DATA as part of closed month whose TRAN_DATE is less or equal to stock take date.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create stock count request.
2. Update the CLOSE_MTH_WITH_OPN_CNT_IND to ‘Y’ in SYSTEM_OPTIONS.
3. Close the stock take month.
4. In current month create transactions with TRAN_DATE less or equal to stock take date whose department/class/subclass exists in STAKE_PROD_LOC.
5. Run SALSTAGE to move the above transactions from TRAN_DATA to IF_TRAN_DATA.
6. Run SALDLY with multiple threads.
7. Note that post batch execution we can find duplicate entries in DAILY_DATA_BACKPOST.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms