RPM Does Not Validate Item Location Ranging for Multi-Buy Promo with Price Event Item-List Upload
Last updated on AUGUST 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 14.0.2 to 14.0.2 [Release 14.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Multi-buy promotion for a single location and with buy-list created using Price Event Item-list upload that has items not ranged to the location on the promotion, the UI does not perform item location ranging check and allow the promotion to be successfully created.
What is Working
However, if the same promotion is created by adding transaction items individually, RPM UI indicates that one item part of the Buy list is not ranged to the location on the promotion.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Multi-buy promotion component.
2. Add items to the buy list using a Price Event Item List CSV file upload with four items.
3. Add one item in the Reward List.
4. Add one location. Ensure that this location is ranged to only three items on the Buy list and one item on the Reward item.
5. Provide the discount details.
6. Save and Approve this promotion.
7. Note that the RPM UI does not stop from the promotion from being approved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms