Rapid Planning Save Plan Performance Poor For One User
(Doc ID 2299152.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Rapid Planning - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206 version, Graphical UI Layer in PROD
Users are on 12.2.6 with the following key RP files
They have run into a performance issue in the RP UI for 1 specific user. When this user queries a small number of planned orders (eg 4), selects one for release, saves then from Plan Actions selects Save Plan, it takes almost 2 minutes for the save to finish and allow the user to continue in the UI. For other users running the same responsibility, navigation, query, select for release, Save and Save Plan - it takes less than 20 seconds
Things tried to isolate issue
1) User logged in to other people's PC in RP and experienced the same performance
2) When other people logged in to RP on problematic user's PC, they experienced usual performance, 15-20 seconds for the benchmark test.
3) Changed the PC, however still sees the same performance issue
4) Cleared browser cache however it had no effect
5) DBA's emptied VCP server cache however it had no effect
6) Pro also works in EBS source instance but does not have performance problem.
7) All other users in the same network are able to see the speed of 15-20 seconds for Save Plan.
Expect for the problematic user to Save Plan should take less than 20 seconds just like other users
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. To to RP UI and select Plan
2. Query Supply Demand for item/org/order type
3. Pick one of the 4 records returned for Release and Save
4. Select Save Plan from Plan Actions - this takes up to 2 minutes
5. Other users do same steps and it only takes 20 seconds or less
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document