REL Daemon Is Not Processing The Backlog Files And Goes To Sleep State
(Doc ID 2301870.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : BRM 184.108.40.206.0 version, Event Management , with ECE 220.127.116.11.5
If number of REL threads (example : GSM_EVENT.max.at.highload.time) is configured to 4 and if 100 files come to staging folder, then REL is processing only 4 files and waits without processing the rest of the 96 files. Whenever another new file comes to the staging folder, REL is processing another 4 files and again waits without processing rest of the backlog files. It seems to go into some kind of sleep state .
REL should process all backlog on its own without going into sleep state
For example :
- say, GSM_EVENT.max.at.highload.time = 4
- In staging folder, place 10 cdr files (.out files)
- Start rel daemon process
- Immediately all 10 files are renamed to .bc
- First set of 4 files are processed and loaded to brm database
- REL daemon goes to sleep, does not pick up the next set of 4 files
- Now place another just one cdr file (.out ) into staging folder
- Immediately its extension is changed to .bc
- REL picks up next set of 4 cdr files from previous batch and loads it ok to brm database
- REL daemon goes to sleep, does not pick up the next set of 4 files, until another new cdr file(s) are placed in staging folder or alternately rel daemon is restarted
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document