FTP Process is Stuck in Ongoing for Caterpillar and Custom Alternate Rate Output Transfer Pricing Column
(Doc ID 2302175.1)
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Funds Transfer Pricing - Version 8.0.0 to 8.0.5 [Release 8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP)
On FTP 18.104.22.168.4, FTP process is stuck in ongoing for Caterpillar and custom or user defined output Transfer Pricing (TP) column.
When running a FTP process with alternate mapping and Caterpillar method, the process remains Ongoing and the TP rate is not written at deal level although the same process is successful when using another TP output column.
Also, the same process with the initial alternate output (which does not work for Caterpillar) is successful when using another TP method (for example, Spread from Note Rate).
Custom output column + Caterpillar = Not working
Standard output column + Caterpillar = Successful
Custom output column + Spread from Note Rate = Successful
FTP debug log abruptly ends with the following:
Module Logging OFS Access module data: /* GetTRateCol() */
Module Logging OFS Access module data: /*Update Statement: update FSI_D_MM_CONTRACTS set LIQUIDITY_PREMIUM_RATE_ALT = 17.260520, MATCHED_SPREAD_ALT = cur_net_Rate - 17.260520, charge_credit_trate = null where FTP_PRODUCT_ID = 1010301010101.000000 and iso_currency_cd = 'TRY' and as_of_date = to_date('02/15/2017','mm/dd/yyyy')and (((FSI_D_MM_CONTRACTS.ID_NUMBER = ' 3506523'))) */
Suspicion is that the problem might be connected to the definition of the custom column in relation with the Caterpillar engine. Is there any condition embedded in the Caterpillar engine which might be fulfilled by the output column (name length, properties, etc.)?
Expect that custom output column with caterpillar TP method should work.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Created a record as the one attached in “Deal_Data.xlsx”
2. Create a TP rule for the <Product, Currency> combination of the deal data
Method: Spread from Note Rate
3. Create an alternate TP mapping
Output Column for Transfer Rate: LIQUIDITY_PREMIUM_RATE_ALT
Note: this is a custom column
Please find attached the results of the following SQL statement
select * from rev_column_properties a where a.column_name='LIQUIDITY_PREMIUM_RATE_ALT'
which presents the properties of this column as found in rev_column_properties table.
The results are in Column_Description.xlsx.
4. Create a process which includes as source the records from Point 1., the TP rule from Point 2. And the alternate mapping from Point 3.
5. Run the TP process
6. The process is successful and the TP rate written at deal level is correct
7. Create a TP rule as the one attached in “FTP_PROCESS_PROCESSING.docx”
8. Include the new rule in the process and rerun the TP process
9. The process remains ongoing. Please check the “log” file.
We can see that the insert statement containing the correct TP rate is prepared but it cannot be inserted into the table.
10. Create an alternate TP mapping as the one attached in “FTP_PROCESS_PROCESSING.docx”
Output Column: LIQUIDITY_PREMIUM_RATE
Note: this is a standard column
11. Include the new mapping in the process and rerun the TP process
12. The process is successful and the TP rate written at deal level is correct
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document