BOM Explosion Report Does Not Display the Correct Description for Child Item
Last updated on MAY 10, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a BOM Explosion Report is ran for an Item that has a child item on the same unreleased/pending revision, child description displayed is from an old revision.
The BOM Explosion Report should display child description from the pending revision.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Web Client
2. Create item P00001 as parent and P00002 as child. Set description = Demo for P00002
3. Create ECO C00001 and add child item P00002 as affected items. Change description of P00002 to Demo1. Move ECO C00001 status to implemented.
4. Create ECO C00002 and add both P00001 and P00002 as affected items. Change description of P00002 to Demo 2. Leave C00002 in Unreleased status.
5. Run BOM Explosion Report for parent item P00001. Select the pending revision of C00002.
6. Check the description of P00002 in the report result. Notice that P00002 description is Demo instead of Demo 2 which is item description in pending revision C00002.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms