No Error Message When Trying to Disconnect a Component with Some Active Services Associated to it.
(Doc ID 2306094.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.2.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 6.2.1 version, PSR
No Error message when trying to disconnect a component with some active services associated to it.
When we are trying to disconnect (By Supplementing the order, Right Click on the component to be disconnected and select “Disconnect This Item”) a component on which a service is running it doesn’t shows any error message and allow us to proceed with the disconnection of component.
When we are trying to do the same using Configure product (By selecting “Disconnect Network Component” in the “Network Components” Action Drop Down Menu) we are receiving below error :
"Element on order with document number xxxxx, serv item id xxxxx has associated connections and cannot be deleted."
If the component holds an active circuit associated with it. whose association is not yet removed before disconnection. It should throw a error message and should not allow component disconnection.
Steps followed for creating new order.
1) Go to service request under Order Management.
2) Select "Product Service Request" under "Add New".
3) Entered the customer details and info.like billing cycle, A new order is raised.
4) Entered Order Info.
5) Moved to Services link and Added customer system, Location, connectivity Matrix, product and new component by configuring the Product.
6) validated the Order and then finished the order.
7) Selected Prov. Plan.
8) Completed tasks till NET_DSGN and associated (Associate Ordered Connections) the circuit generated by CKT_ID task between the originating and terminating element.
9) Completed all other tasks till DD task.
A) Now for the Disconnection of the Component which is made active by following above steps we have followed underwritten steps.
1) Raise change order using New From the newly created order.
2) Copy the existing component and Product.
3) Configure the Product ( By Right click the component and select Configure Product).
4) Select Network Components from the left content pane.
5) Select Disconnect Network Component from the "Actions" dropdown Menu bar.
6) Select the component checkbox to be disconnected and click Disconnect.
7) We are good to see an Error showing the "Element on order with document number ..., Serv Item Id ... has associated connections and cannot be deleted".
B) Tried Disconnecting the same Component with underwritten steps again and got the following Result.
1) In the change order Raised (A).
2) Mark the active component as Disconnect (By Right click the component to be disconnected and by selecting "Disconnect This Item".
3) You will not receive any error.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are able to place a Disconnect on a "component" service item in a PSR which has active connections associated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!