Account Policy Password Rules Error Message Is Not Translated to Local Language
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
System account policy's password rules error message is not translated to local language.
System account policy's password rules error message to be translated to local language.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to Java Client as admin user
- Create user with loginID: China, and set this user's language Preference to Simplified Chinese
- Goto Admin tab > Setting > User Settings > Account Policy
- Change below parameters to "Yes"
- At Least One Numeric Password
- At Least One Special (Punctuation) Character
- At Least One Lowercase Character
- At Least One Uppercase Character
- Must Not Contain User ID
- Set Minimum Number of Rules Matched to 5
- Login to Web Client as user China
- Goto My Settings, and click Change Passwords
- Type in current password, and type in new passwords that breaks the rule
i.e. "1111", "China"
- See the error message shows in English:
The password must contain at least one numeric character.
The password must contain at least one non-alphanumeric character.
The password must contain at least one lowercase character.
The password must contain at least one uppercase character.
The password cannot contain userid.
Note: Can see the same issue happens for other local language such as Japanese
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms