Validation is Missing on Item Number Length While Creating Item as Oracle Retail Number
(Doc ID 2313609.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is no Validation on Item Number length while creating Item as Oracle Retail Number (ORN). User is able to create the Level1 Item with more than 9 Characters, but not able to create the Children with more than 9 Characters.
User should get the same below error message while creating items with more than 9 characters similar to Child Items.
"Error: The Item Number must be 9 Characters in length."
Steps to Recreate:
1. Navigate to Item -> Create Item.
2. Fill in the mandatory details like type/dept/class/subclass/transaction level.
3. Select Oracle Retail Item Number for Number Type.
4. Notice a 9 digit number is auto generated for you.
5. Add couple of more numbers to the auto generated number.
6. Notice that after tabbing out, no validation errors are displayed.
7. Fill in description and click Ok.
8. Notice that the item gets created and no validation errors are displayed.
9. Query ITEM_MASTER and find item record is inserted.
10. Try filling in the required details and approve the item.
11. Notice the item gets approved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!