Tax is Calculated Incorrectly for Sale Items when Return Items from Tax Exempted Transaction are Added
(Doc ID 2314435.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), Tax on sale items calculated incorrectly when return items from Tax Exempted transaction are added.
Steps to reproduce:
- Login to ORPOS.
- Scan an item (Ex:1234) on Sell Item screen.
- Go to Transaction >> Tax and select Tax Exempt.
- Add customer ID to link with transaction.
- Tender with Cash and complete the transaction.
- Observe the receipt which showing zero amount for Total Sales Tax.
- Login to ORPOS again and add any two or more taxable items. Observe Total and Tax on Sell Item screen.
- Click on Return and enter the previous transaction completed.
- Select the item for Return. Now Item retrieved to Sell Item screen.
- Verify the transaction Total on sale screen- Tax on Sale items (added in step#7) becomes zero.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!