Viewer and Scada Summary are Not in Sync after NMS an Inhibit is Used
(Doc ID 2317572.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The viewer and SCADA summary are not in sync after an inhibit is used by NMS
Set the status of the device to a Closed state. ICCP said the point was closed, the NMS SCADA Summary said the point was closed,but the viewer did not show the point as closed.
So when all was finished, the LiveData was showing closed, the NMS SCADA Summary was showing closed, but the viewer was still showing an opened device.
It appears the LiveData to NMS interface is working correctly, but something is wrong between the SCADA Summary and the Viewer.
It is expected that the SCADA Summary and Viewer should be showing consistently when the SCADA device is inhibited and opened/closed.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Inhibit the SCADA point in the NMS application.
2. Next, go to the ICCP server and update the point from Open to Close and send that to NMS.
3. As expected, NMS did not update the status of the device from Open to Closed because the point was inhibited in NMS.
4. Then cancel the Inhibit on the point in NMS. The SCADA Summary sheet then read the correct state of the point as Closed, because ICCP was still telling NMS it was closed.
5. But, the NMS viewer never updated the status of the device to a Closed state. ICCP said the point was closed, the NMS SCADA Summary said the point was closed, but the viewer did not show the point as closed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document