ORA-02158 Error When Running pin_731_74_pipeline_upgrade.pl Script
(Doc ID 2323811.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When installing <Patch 7594320> which is upgrading Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 7.3 to 7.4 version, there is a step in the installation/upgrade procedure (presented in Readme file of the patch) which is upgrading the Pipeline Manager database schema.
At step 9, a perl script is run (pin_731_74_pipeline_upgrade.pl) but before running it there are two variables from $IFW_HOME/upgrade/pin_setup.values which have to be set: PIN_TEMP_DIR and PIPELINE_TBLSPACE.
When running pin_731_74_pipeline_upgrade.pl script the following error occurs:
ORA-20002: SCRIPT FAILED WITH THE ERROR ORA-02158: invalid CREATE INDEX option
ORA-06512: at "INTEGRATE.ADD_NEW_COLUMNS_74", line 766
ORA-02158: invalid CREATE INDEX option
ORA-06512: at line 1
Execution of pipeline upgrade script add_new_columns_74.source is unsuccessful
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open a terminal session on BRM environment running 7.3.0 version
- Run first 8 steps from installation procedure of <Patch 7594320>
- Go to $IFW_HOME/upgrade and update information about the databases section with Pipeline DB details in file IFW_HOME/upgrade/pin_setup.values
- cd $IFW_HOME/upgrade/731_74
- Run perl script pin_731_74_pipeline_upgrade.pl (as per step 9 of <Patch 7594320> installation procedure)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document